|HCL Skill Development Update|
|Class Room Training||:||112|
|On Job Training||:||170|
|Full Time Employees||:||200|
HCL IT City Lucknow has been adjudged amongst the “Top 100 Projects in India” for the year 2016. A Jury of eminent experts and Skoch Secretariat have made this selection after going through a large number of nominations and presentations.
The Government of Uttar Pradesh has created a congenial environment for investors with the launch of progressive and sector focused policies like IT & Start-Up Policy 2016. The policy specially focuses upon the development of IT industry in Tier-II & Tier-III cities of Uttar Pradesh including entire state.
- 100 Acre HCL IT city in Lucknow to promote the IT/ITeS sector and increase the export of IT services from Uttar Pradesh.
- “HCL IT City” is developed, operated and maintained under Public Private Partnership (PPP) model
- HCL IT City is based on “walk to work” model whereby hostel, residential and office facilities would be available within one premise.
- The IT City Lucknow has also been given the status of Special Economic Zone (SEZ) by the Government of India
- Skill Development Centre (SDC) has been built on 10 acre land within the HCL IT City.
- SDC shall impart training to youth in the state, equipping them with IT employability skills, which thereby would lead to gainful employment.
- Total expected employment generation is 75,000 (Direct mode 25,000 + Indirect mode 50,000)
- IT units coming under the IT city would be eligible for all the benefits and incentives available under Uttar Pradesh IT Policy 2016.
- UPLC (Uttar Pradesh Electronic Corporation Limited) is the facilitator for HCL IT City project
- A Policy Implementation Unit (PIU) has been setup for the IT City project which works as a SPOC (single point of contact)